Connect with us

News

Aguata LG attack: Gov. Soludo visits scene vows to rid the state of criminal elements

Published

on

Governor Chukwuma Soludo has once again condemned the alarming scale of unwarranted attacks on life and property in Anambra State, which he vowed to stop by using the olive branch or application of force.

The governor stated this during a visit to the LGA headquarters where hoodlums alleged to be fleeing from security forces set part of the secretariat ablaze before they were smoked out from the area by security agents.

Addressing journalists at Aguata Local Government Area Secretariat, the Governor said that armed criminals have been operating as kidnappers, rapists, etc. for close to two years from camps set up in Aguluezechukwu and Oboji.

It was gathered that the security forces in the state clamped on them and in the process of fleeing, decided to set Aguata LGA headquarters ablaze. He reiterated his stance on offering amnesty to those in the bush, so they can be rehabilated and become useful to the society but stressed that those who refuse the offer shall face the full wrath of the Law because they can’t intimidate the people of Anambra State.

Mr Governor further revealed that according to investigations, 85% of these criminals are from a particular state in South East while the remaining 15% come from other states. Items recovered in their camps includes registers of kidnapped victims, weapons, charms, etc. Prof Soludo assured the people that peace and stability must return in Anambra and SouthEast.

“Anybody in the bush is a criminal and will be treated as such. We will come after criminals because the people’s power must triumph. We must create a liveable and prosperous homeland where peace, security and progress must thrive” he said

READ ALSO:  Two burnt beyond recognition following tanker explosion in Niger state

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2347059964320 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending