According to the federal Government the number of out-of-school children in Nigeria has dropped to 10.3million from 12 million.
The permanent secretary, federal ministry of education, Sonny Echo no said this at the zonal dissemination workshop of Nigeria Education sector Analysis report held in Abeokuta, ogun state.
The federal government said various interventions by stakeholders in the sector had led to the drop in statistics of out-of-school children.
Echono was represented by Dr Folake director of educational planning, research and development in the ministry.
According to her even in the southwest not all children are in school. Gender inequality is still an issue because more boys are in schools than girls in some part of the country.
Fradusters Hack Our Sites, Diverts Millions Of Naira – Jamb Registrar
OVER N10 million meant to be paid to ad-hoc staff of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, as allowance has been hijacked into the accounts of over a dozen fraudsters who gained entry into the internet site of the board.
Prof Ishaq Oloyede, who disclosed this to newsmen, Wednesday, in Abuja, said the fraudsters altered profiles of the board’s ad hoc staff, diverting the money meant for their allowances.
According to him, the scam was uncovered after the board undertook a careful investigation, leading to the arrest of one Sahabi Zubairu from Takum in Taraba State, and several others.
Explaining that government policy “requires that monies meant for ad-hoc staff are paid directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries”, he regretted that the situation gave room to the challenge the board was encountering.
He decried the failure of the accounting department to detect the fraud by cross-checking the names on the accounts to ensure that they tallied with those listed on the website or owners of the codes.
The JAMB boss who noted that ad-hoc staff of the board have since been paid, however, assured that the stolen money will be recovered, as he vowed to hand perpetrators of the crime over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for further investigation and prosecution.
On how the fraudsters successfully gained access to the profiles of the ad-hoc staff, he explained that the fraudsters used key logger, a software that allows access to the profile of anyone who has logged in using a public cybercafé even after the person has logged out and gone.
Oloyede said Zubairu deleted the names of the original ad hoc staff and their telephone numbers and substituted them with his, adding that those affected include code number 313 and 312, among others.
At least ten of the scammers paraded by JAMB before journalists at its headquarters, in Bwari, Abuja, admitted to the crime saying they were lured into it by Zubairu.
UPDATED: JAMB Cancel Use Of Email For UTME Registration (Check Requirement)
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has cancelled the use of email as a requirement for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) registration.
The JAMB Registrar, Prof Ishaq Oloyede, made the disclosure while addressing newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday.
Oloyede said consequently, candidates will have the following options to access their profile during or after registration.
He said, “As from Thursday, 15th April, 2021, candidates will no longer be required to provide any email address during registration.
“The use of Mobile APP on the candidates’ phone and on the 55019 option (being designed) for example admission status checking, will be used for registration, admission, etc on their profile.
“Printing of examination slip (Notification) or Result notification slip or ticketing can be done anywhere using the candidates JAMB registration number only.”
Oloyede further explained that candidates will provide their email addresses only after the 2021 UTME/DE registration exercise has been declared closed by JAMB through (a) Mobile APP on his/her registered phone.
Earlier on Aprokorepublic republic reported that Jamb has put on hold the registration due to problem Jamb is having wit Nin integration,it is believed Now that registration will start on Thursday.
JUST IN: Federal University of Technology Owerri, appoints a lady as their new VC (Photo)
Professor Nnenna Oti is selected as the 8th substantive Vice Chancellor of the institution, the Governing Council of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) made the announcement today declaring Professor Nnenna oti as the winner among the selected candidates that went for the screening.
Briefing newsmen shortly after the selection of the new VC, Chairman Governing Council of FUTO, professor John Offem said 29 applicants indicated their interest while 7 seven were finally shortlisted.
According to Offem, the new VC scored 75.5 ahead of her closest rival, professor Ikechukwu Dozie who scored 69.7.
Congrats to her.!
Sports3 days ago
JUST IN: Kano Pillars Sign Super Eagles Captain
News3 days ago
Twitter Gives Update On It’s Recruitment Process In Ghana, Want Only Nigerians To Apply
Sports2 days ago
University Of Calabar VC Asks Final Year Students To Return To 200 Level (See Reasons)
News4 days ago
Asaba-based Native Doctor, Chi Marine Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Comedienne Ada Jesus
Gossip3 days ago
University Of Ibadan Will Be Our African Headquarters – Pornhub React ( See Tweet)
News4 days ago
Why We Came With The Idea Of New Security Outfits “Ebube Agu” In South East– Abia State Governor
Gossip1 day ago
E Choke Me: Nigerian Lady Cancels Engagement With Boyfriend Because Of This Shocking Reason
Sports1 day ago
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Semi- Finals Full Draws,Time, Date