Connect with us

Education

JAMB To Use N100 Million To Prosecute 200 For Malpractice

Published

on

JAMB To Use N100 Million To Prosecute 200 For Malpractice

JAMB To Use N100 Million To Prosecute 200 For Malpractice

Information reaching us thath the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board on Tuesday alerted Nigerians to the merchants of malpractices in the centres of its 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination in some Northern parts of the country.

According to the organisation, examination scam syndicates in the Computer-Based Test centres, which used to be in the Southern part of Nigeria, has now crept into the North. Anambra 360 Reports

The Registrar/Chief Executive of JAMB, Prof. Ish-aq Oloyede, who stated these during a press conference in Abuja, said over 400 candidates seeking admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria had been tracked for admission fraud,

JAMB also paraded one Buhari Abubakar, who was reportedly caught in an attempt to impersonate one Muhammad Sanusi, his alleged accomplice, in examination of malpractice.

Both suspects, from Kano State, were arrested by men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.

Oloyede said JAMB would expend about N100m on the prosecution of 200 of the over 400 persons involved in impersonation in the 2020 UTME.

While alleging that some tertiary institutions were accomplices in the widespread irregularities, he said the first 64 cases of CBT infractions treated by JAMB were from the North, with some having multiple cases of up to 96 irregularities.

He said:-

“In Nigeria, people don’t copy good things but the bad things. The cases of exam malpractices which used to be in the South has now crept to the North and the first 20 of such cases we tracked came mostly from the North, especially Kano.

“This year, we had over 400 people that were caught whereby those who wrote the exams were different from those who applied. About 200 of the candidates would be prosecuted, five from each state of the federation, as JAMB does not have the resources to prosecute all the 400 candidates. Prosecuting a candidate would cost the board over N500,000.”

Abubakar, a candidate of the 2020 UTME, Oloyede said, paid Sanusi N25,000 to source for an examination taker to sit the exam for him, on the basis of which he secured admission into Bayero University, Kano, to read Islamic Studies.

READ ALSO:  BREAKING: University Of Ibadan Releases 2020/2021 Post Utme Result

Oloyede said:-

“The arrangement ran into hitches when all the candidate’s details, including his identity card, carried the passport of the hired examination-impersonator.”.

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2348166333024 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert

Education

BREAKING: University Of Ibadan Releases 2020/2021 Post Utme Result

Published

on

The University of Ibadan has announced the release of its 2020/2021 post-UTME results.

The institution’s director of public communications, Olatunji Oladejo, disclosed this on Saturday, April 17.

According to him, candidates have been advised to check the admission portal for the results.

Visit the university portal to check web address to the result

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2348166333024 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  JAMB Reveals Dates For 2021 UTME Registartion Insist On NIN (See Requirement)
Continue Reading

Education

JAMB Registrar Bans Parents From Entering UTME Registration Centres

Published

on

The Registrar of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Is’haq Oloyede, has ordered all CBT Centres across the country not to allow parents/guardians into the registration hall again.

A statement signed by JAMB Spokesman in Ilorin Office, Hassan Lawal, quoted Oloyede as saying that the decision was made after inspecting some of the registration centres in Kwara, which were overcrowded.

”The registrar said it has been discovered that the parents/guardians are always a distraction to both candidates and the centres and at the same time, congesting the halls by not following the COVID – 19 protocols,” Oloyede was quoted as saying.

Oloyede also advised parents/guardians to stop pushing the education of their wards faster than necessary.

 

“For example, a 14 or 15-year-old is not matured enough to undergo the process of registration and university pressure and are vulnerable to exploitation by scammers out there,” he said.

Oloyede also advised states Ministries of Education and relevant stakeholders who were saddled with the responsibility of enrollment of students into secondary schools to always ascertain the students’ true age before admittance into secondary schools.

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2348166333024 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  What is your opinion on what JAMB did that got people talking (Details)
Continue Reading

Education

Fradusters Hack Our Sites, Diverts Millions Of Naira – Jamb Registrar

Published

on

OVER N10 million meant to be paid to ad-hoc staff of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, as allowance has been hijacked into the accounts of over a dozen fraudsters who gained entry into the internet site of the board.

Prof Ishaq Oloyede, who disclosed this to newsmen, Wednesday, in Abuja, said the fraudsters altered profiles of the board’s ad hoc staff, diverting the money meant for their allowances.
According to him, the scam was uncovered after the board undertook a careful investigation, leading to the arrest of one Sahabi Zubairu from Takum in Taraba State, and several others.

Explaining that government policy “requires that monies meant for ad-hoc staff are paid directly into the accounts of the beneficiaries”, he regretted that the situation gave room to the challenge the board was encountering.

He decried the failure of the accounting department to detect the fraud by cross-checking the names on the accounts to ensure that they tallied with those listed on the website or owners of the codes.

The JAMB boss who noted that ad-hoc staff of the board have since been paid, however, assured that the stolen money will be recovered, as he vowed to hand perpetrators of the crime over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for further investigation and prosecution.
On how the fraudsters successfully gained access to the profiles of the ad-hoc staff, he explained that the fraudsters used key logger, a software that allows access to the profile of anyone who has logged in using a public cybercafé even after the person has logged out and gone.

READ ALSO:  See The Shocking Amount JAMB Made From Change Of Birth Date In One Year

Oloyede said Zubairu deleted the names of the original ad hoc staff and their telephone numbers and substituted them with his, adding that those affected include code number 313 and 312, among others.
At least ten of the scammers paraded by JAMB before journalists at its headquarters, in Bwari, Abuja, admitted to the crime saying they were lured into it by Zubairu.

 

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2348166333024 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
Continue Reading

Trending