Connect with us

News

Presidency Breaks Silence On Allegation Of Fraud Against Buhari’s Son-in-law

Published

on

The presidency on Friday night broke its silence on President Muhammadu Buhari’s purported son-in-law, Gimba Yau Kumo declared wanted for alleged $65m fraud.

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) had Kumo wanted in connection with fraud involving the large sum of money, USD65 million.

Reacting to reports, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu in a statement said said Kumo was not an in-law to Buhari as being painted in various reports. He said bringing Buhari into the story was an attempt to generate views and sell copies of sensational reporting.

According to him,

“A running story to the effect that the ICPC had declared “an in-law of the President” wanted in connection with fraud involving the large sum of money , USD65 million to be exact.

“This should normally be an affirmation that our anti-corruption agencies/institutions are truly independent and allowed unfettered freedom by the President. Which in fact is the case.

“That a state institution can issue such is a measure of the administration’s commitment to accountability, equality and justice.”

Shehu said to set the records straight, the person declared wanted by the ICPC is not an in-law to President Buhari.

He stated that while at some point in time the said fugitive from justice had been linked to a family member in marriage, that relationship has ended some years ago.

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2347059964320 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  EFCC Releases Ex-Imo Gov, Okorocha

Ojogwu Godwin Chukwudi hailed from Delta State. A young talented personality, Alumnus of Delta State university,Abraka Studied Library and information science. He is an intellectual cyber communicator expert and a prolific blogger professional.

News

Senator Mrs Uche Ekwunife Fulfils her promise of giving Business Grant to 1000 beneficiaries (See beneficiaries)

Published

on

EKWUNIFE FACILITATES BUSINESS GRANTS FOR 1000 BENEFICIARIES

Over 1000 beneficiaries have been credited in another batch of intervention funds cash transfers facilitated by the Senator representing Anambra Central Senatorial District, Uche Ekwunife as part of her continuous efforts to empower the people of the constituency and assist them in their businesses.

The cash transfers began to drop on the bank accounts of the beneficiaries who had applied at the constituency office on Friday, June 18, 2021. We therefore use this opportunity to urge constituents who had applied for intervention funds from the office to always check their phones regularly for acceptance messages, and subsequently expect the receipt of funds. Those who have taken delivery of the funds should report to the office for documentation and further assistance.

Constituents are at liberty to visit the Intervention Funds and Benefits Department of the Liaison Office, located at Senator Uche Ekwunife Centre, Opposite Udoka Housing Estate Awka to provide details which would assist the office in facilitating the various Federal Government’s intervention funds/benefits for them.

Senator Ekwunife’s resolve to ameliorate the sufferings of the people by offering a representation that is visible, impactful and purposeful remains unflinching. More beneficiaries are expected to be captured in the ongoing programme in the coming weeks.

Felix Nwezi,
Director, Intervention Funds and Benefits Department Anambra Central Liaison Office.

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2347059964320 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  President Buhari Meet Newly Appointed EFCC Chairman In Aso Villa
Continue Reading

News

Boko Haram Gets New Commanders

Published

on

Nigeria’s Boko Haram jihadist group has confirmed the death of its chief Abubakar Shekau, who sources say died during infighting with a rival Islamic State-allied faction, according to a video message from its presumed new commander.

In the short video in Arabic, top Boko Haram commander Bakura Modu, also known as Sahaba, urged his faction’s commanders to remain loyal despite the loss of their historic commander.

Shekau’s death was seen a major shift in Nigeria’s conflict, though Islamic State in West Africa Province or ISWAP has recently emerged as the dominant force in the more than decade-long Islamist insurgency in the country’s northeast.

The video, provided to AFP by a source close to Boko Haram and confirmed to be Bakura Modu by another local source, illustrates that jihadist infighting is far from over in Africa’s most populous nation.

Shekau, who gained notoriety after kidnapping nearly 300 schoolgirls in 2014, killed himself last month rather than surrender after IS-allied rivals attacked his base camp in Nigeria’s northeast Borno state, security sources said.

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2347059964320 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  Greenfield University: Families Of Abducted Students Turn To Gofundme To Raise Ransom
Continue Reading

News

President Buhari Gives Mikel Obi Juicy Appointment

Published

on

 

President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration has appointed former Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi, as Youth Ambassador.

This was confirmed on Friday, at an event held at the National Stadium, Lagos, which was attended by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Sunday Dare.

According to the Special Adviser to Dare on Media, John Joshua-Akanji, Mikel Obi was described by the Minister as a “role model whose lasting legacies in football development has continued to have a positive impact on youths in the country.”

Mikel Obi was assured of Federal Government support whenever he chooses to invest in the country.

“Time will not permit me to say much about Mikel’s success as a footballer. He is our legend and a role model who has continued to impact the lives of youth positively.

“It is it my pleasure to appoint you as Nigeria Youth Ambassador. It’s a new portfolio and your role as youth ambassador will be made known to Nigerians,” Dare said.

In his response, Mikel Obi said: “I feel highly honoured to be appointed as Youth Ambassador of this country, it is a great feeling.

“I am happy with this partnership and I promise to do my best to encourage and inspire the youths towards national development, not just in football but in other sports like Basketball, Boxing among others.”

 

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2347059964320 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  Bandits Dare Buhari, Abduct Primary School Teachers, Pupils In Kaduna
Continue Reading

Trending