Connect with us

News

SAD!! Student Dies As Fire Engulfs The Female Hostel At Taraba State University (Photos)

Published

on

Emoseh Lawi, a first-year student at Taraba State University, died after a fire broke out at the school’s female hostel.

On Friday night, December 10, Lawi is claimed to have been asleep in her room at Zenith hostel when the sad incident occurred. She was in a deep sleep and had no idea that a fire had broken out.

Her fellow students forced the door to open, pulled her out, and hurried her to the state specialized hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

“I was told the said lady went to read all through the night for her examination and returned very weak, hence she slept off.

The cause of this fire is from an electrical socket which sparked repeatedly and suddenly gutted the mattress next to it from which it spread all over.

When she was brought out of the hostel, she was totally unconscious and could barely stand before the school security men came to pick her up with a Toyota Hilux and she was rushed to the hospital,” An eyewitness told newsmen.

Sa’ad Mohammed, the Institution’s Information Director, verified the incident and stated that the main cause of the fire outbreak must be identified in order to prevent a repeat.

Usman Abdullahi, a spokesman for the Taraba State Police Command, confirmed the incident and said the police are investigating what happened.

See photos from the fire outbreak:-

For advert placements, sponsorship, media (Music/Video) promotions, or to share breaking News stories with us, contact; +2347059964320 or +2347062811394 aprokoadvert
READ ALSO:  JUST IN: UNILORIN Expels 400level Student Who Beat Up Lecturer

Ojogwu Godwin Chukwudi hailed from Delta State. A young talented personality, Alumnus of Delta State university,Abraka Studied Library and information science. He is an intellectual cyber communicator expert and a prolific blogger professional.

Trending